No matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is extremely important. In truth, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out as time passes and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re attempting to find how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Mazda CX 5, we’ve written this article to teach you do it all on your own without having to go to your auto mechanic. To begin , we will check out inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5 and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5 is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the occasion to check all the safety features of your Mazda CX 5. In truth, you are quite often on the go and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to take some time to on occasions check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Mazda CX 5, but you didn’t identify it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Mazda CX 5, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are efficient.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Mazda CX 5, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Mazda CX 5 or your position lights on Mazda CX 5, don’t be reluctant to browse our web content to help you to complete this substitution.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Mazda CX 5
Now let’s go to the most important part of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Mazda CX 5? You should be aware that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Mazda CX 5, see our dedicated article content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed description to stick to to be able to carry out this work correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, take off the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Mazda CX 5. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, check your new turn signal bulb is functioning properly
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 5, take a look at the Mazda CX 5 category.