Whether for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functional is imperative. Surely, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re certainly in this article because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Lincoln MKC, we’ve created this post to help you do it without any help without having to go to your technician. In a first step, we will take a look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Lincoln MKC and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Lincoln MKC.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Lincoln MKC is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the occasion to examine all the safety features of your Lincoln MKC. Surely, you are more often than not on the go and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is due to this fact important to take some time to in some instances examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Lincoln MKC, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Lincoln MKC, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Lincoln MKC, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Lincoln MKC or your position lights on Lincoln MKC, don’t be reluctant to have a look at our content articles to help you to achieve this replacing.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Lincoln MKC
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Lincoln MKC? Please be aware that this method is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Lincoln MKC, see our dedicated article content. Nevertheless, here are the detailed steps to follow in order to conduct this act correctly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Lincoln MKC. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
If you wish more guides on the Lincoln MKC, go to our Lincoln MKC category.