No matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to prevent a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are constantly working is very important. In truth, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out in the long run and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Lexus UX, we’ve put into writing this article to help you do it all on your own without having to go to your auto mechanic. To begin , we will look at the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Lexus UX and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Lexus UX.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Lexus UX is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the occasion to verify all the safety features of your Lexus UX. In truth, you are more often than not on the go and are likely to get into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore fundamental to spend some time to on occasions verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Lexus UX, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Lexus UX, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Lexus UX, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Lexus UX or your position lights on Lexus UX, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to realize this substitution.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Lexus UX
Now let’s go to the most important step of this guideline, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Lexus UX? Take note that this technique is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Lexus UX, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the full description to follow in order to accomplish this work correctly:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Lexus UX. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is working in the right way
If you wish more tutorials on the Lexus UX, go to our Lexus UX category.