No matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are all the time functional is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most probably on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re trying to figure out how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Infiniti Q60, we’ve posted this article to help you do it all on your own without having to go to your technician. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Infiniti Q60 and in a second step, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Infiniti Q60.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Infiniti Q60 is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the possibility to examine all the safety features of your Infiniti Q60. In fact, you are generally in a rush and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to make the effort to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Infiniti Q60, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two basic techniques to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Infiniti Q60, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Infiniti Q60, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first strategy shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Infiniti Q60 or your position lights on Infiniti Q60, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to complete this replacement.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Infiniti Q60
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content page, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Infiniti Q60? Take note that this technique is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Infiniti Q60, see our specific article content. On the other hand, here are the detailed steps to carry out to be able to accomplish this process accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Infiniti Q60. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
To get more tips on the Infiniti Q60, take a look at the Infiniti Q60 category.