Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness tests or to prevent a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functional is critical. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out after a while and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most probably here because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Ford E Series, we’ve put into writing this article to enable you do it on your own without having to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will check out examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to examine all the security features of your Ford E Series. In actual fact, you are quite often on the go and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to take the time to occasionally examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Ford E Series, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two ordinary solutions to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Ford E Series, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Ford E Series, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Ford E Series or your position lights on Ford E Series, don’t be reluctant to read our articles to help you to realize this replacing.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Ford E Series
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Ford E Series? Please be aware that this method is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Ford E Series, see our dedicated article content. On the other hand, here are the detailed steps to adhere to to be able to complete this process properly:
- To access the tail light set up, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Ford E Series. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating correctly
If you need more guides on the Ford E Series, go to our Ford E Series category.