No matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is fundamental. Surely, bulbs are wearing devices that will predictably burn out over time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Cadillac DTS, we’ve posted this content to teach you do it alone without having to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS.
How do you know if the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the possibility to verify all the security features of your Cadillac DTS. Surely, you are more often than not in a rush and are likely to get into your car, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take some time to on occasions verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Cadillac DTS, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two basic techniques to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Cadillac DTS, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are functioning.
- By paying attention to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible signal on each car that alerts you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Cadillac DTS, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first procedure shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Cadillac DTS or your position lights on Cadillac DTS, don’t be reluctant to browse our publications to help you to do this replacing.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Cadillac DTS
Now let’s go to the most important step of this content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Cadillac DTS? Please be aware that this method is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Cadillac DTS, see our specific content page. On the other hand, here are the detailed description to stick to to be able to complete this process properly:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac DTS. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Put back in place your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is operating properly
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Cadillac DTS, do not hesitate to consult our Cadillac DTS category.