Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are all the time functional is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will inevitably burn out with time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re certainly on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Cadillac CTS, we’ve written and published this post to enable you do it on your own without having to go to your technician. To begin , we will take a look at examining a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac CTS and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac CTS.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac CTS is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your automobile you don’t all the time have the occasion to examine all the safety features of your Cadillac CTS. In fact, you are generally on the go and tend to get into your automobile, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore fundamental to spend some time to on occasions examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Cadillac CTS, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two basic solutions to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Cadillac CTS, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are efficient.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. Indeed, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Cadillac CTS, you will realize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and validate which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam Cadillac CTS or your position lights on Cadillac CTS, don’t hesitate to have a look at our publications to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Cadillac CTS
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Cadillac CTS? You should be aware that this method is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Cadillac CTS, see our dedicated article. On the other hand, here are the detailed steps to follow in order to carry out this work accurately:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Remove the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Cadillac CTS. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, choose the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating in the right way
If you wish more guides on the Cadillac CTS, go to our Cadillac CTS category.