Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness evaluation or to prevent a fine, ensuring your turn signal bulbs are all the time functional is necessary. Obviously, bulbs are wearing devices that will inevitably burn out over time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Bmw X2, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it alone without having to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will check out inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw X2 and in a second step, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw X2.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw X2 is burnt-out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the occasion to examine all the safety features of your Bmw X2. Obviously, you are more often than not in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down right away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore necessary to take some time to in some instances examine the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Bmw X2, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two ordinary solutions to examine if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Bmw X2, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Bmw X2, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this involves that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
Replacing the rear turn signal bulb on my Bmw X2
Now let’s go to the most important step of this guideline, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on Bmw X2? Please be aware that this technique is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Bmw X2, see our dedicated article. However, here are the detailed description to stick to to be able to carry out this work correctly:
- To access the tail light assembly, take out the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have sooner diagnosed by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw X2. There are two types of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, examine your new turn signal bulb is operating effectively
To find more tips on the Bmw X2, take a look at the Bmw X2 category.