No matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are all the time working is necessary. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing devices that will surely burn out in the long run and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this website because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you Bmw Serie 1 F21, we’ve posted this article to teach you do it alone without having to go to your auto technician. To begin , we will look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw Serie 1 F21 and in a second part, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw Serie 1 F21.
How to find out if the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw Serie 1 F21 is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the occasion to verify all the safety features of your Bmw Serie 1 F21. In actual fact, you are often in a hurry and are likely to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result important to spend some time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your Bmw Serie 1 F21, but you didn’t perceive it. Here are the two ordinary methods to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to replace it as soon as possible:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your Bmw Serie 1 F21, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that informs you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your Bmw Serie 1 F21, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to replace the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam Bmw Serie 1 F21 or your position lights on Bmw Serie 1 F21, don’t hesitate to browse our content articles to help you to complete this substitution.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my Bmw Serie 1 F21
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article, how to replace the rear turn signal bulb on Bmw Serie 1 F21? Please be aware that this procedure is quite easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your Bmw Serie 1 F21, see our dedicated guideline. Nevertheless, here are the full description to follow to be able to execute this work properly:
- To access the tail light set up, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take out the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have earlier in this article identified by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise direction
- Change the rear turn signal bulb on your Bmw Serie 1 F21. There are two kind of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is operating effectively
If you have any additional questions about the Bmw Serie 1 F21, do not hesitate to consult our Bmw Serie 1 F21 category.