Regardless of it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are always functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Volkswagen Routan parking light, we’ve made this content page to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second step, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Volkswagen Routan?
We will commence this content page with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen Routan, take note that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same method to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated depending on the features of your car.
First method, we will accomplish the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Volkswagen Routan. Although this process is the simplest, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to execute it on your motor vehicle without trouble. Indeed, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb using this method. Here are the two distinct methods to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Volkswagen Routan:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most logical technique but it is not always easy to do to accomplish, often because of secondary parts that will block your access. To get this done, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Volkswagen Routan. You may need to take out the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its position. To get this done, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally now that the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Volkswagen Routan in the event that the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will only have to follow the same technique as on the previous section to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen Routan
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Volkswagen Routan
To finish , if you want to swap the rear parking light bulb of your Volkswagen Routan the process is more simple, here are the different guidelines to follow to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Volkswagen Routan, please browse our specific document to find out how to do it.
If you wish more tutorials on the Volkswagen Routan, go to our Volkswagen Routan category.