It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are always operational is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Volkswagen Golf 3 parking light, we’ve made this article content to help you do this procedure without hiring somebody and not need to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Volkswagen Golf 3?
We will begin this document with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen Golf 3, take notice that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same methodology to use. In fact, regardless if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging based on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will execute the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Volkswagen Golf 3. Although this technique is the most simple, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to do it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. In fact, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two distinct techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Volkswagen Golf 3:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise method but it is not always easy to do to accomplish, generally because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To accomplish this, here are the steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Volkswagen Golf 3. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To accomplish this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once carried out, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and perform a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Volkswagen Golf 3 if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these steps are achieved you will simply have to follow the same method as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Volkswagen Golf 3
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Volkswagen Golf 3
To conclude, if you desire to change the rear parking light bulb of your Volkswagen Golf 3 the method is more simple, here are the different simple steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Volkswagen Golf 3, please go through our dedicated article to learn how to do it.
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Golf 3, go to our Volkswagen Golf 3 category.