Regardless of it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Vauxkhall Astra parking light, we’ve written this article content to help you do this process without any help and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Vauxkhall Astra?
We will commence this article content with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Vauxkhall Astra, remember that based on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same technique to use. Indeed, regardless if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging depending on the features of your car.
First technique, we will conduct the bulb change of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Vauxkhall Astra. Although this process is the most simple, it is not assured that you will be in a position to perform it on your car without trouble. Indeed, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two distinct methods to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Vauxkhall Astra:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will simply go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise process but it is not always easy to do to achieve, generally because of secondary parts that will block your access. To get this done, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Vauxkhall Astra. You might need to take out the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its location. To get this done, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last when the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being cautious not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Vauxkhall Astra in the event that the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these steps are finished you will simply have to follow the same method as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Vauxkhall Astra
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Vauxkhall Astra
To finish , if you desire to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Vauxkhall Astra the process is much easier, here are the different basic steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Vauxkhall Astra, please go through our dedicated content page to discover how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Vauxkhall Astra, take a look at the Vauxkhall Astra category.