Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are constantly working is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and as a result need to be changed. You’re almost certainly here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Toyota Aygo 2 parking light, we’ve created this article content to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Toyota Aygo 2?
We will begin this content page with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Aygo 2, be aware that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, whether or not the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult depending on the features of your car.
First technique, we will accomplish the bulb change of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Toyota Aygo 2. Although this technique is the easiest, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to do it on your car without encumbrance. In reality, dependant on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two different techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Toyota Aygo 2:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational method but it is not always easy to achieve, generally because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Toyota Aygo 2. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To accomplish this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being cautious not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Toyota Aygo 2 if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are done you will just have to follow the same method as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Aygo 2
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Toyota Aygo 2
Finally, if you wish to swap the rear parking light bulb of your Toyota Aygo 2 the methodology is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Toyota Aygo 2, please go through our specific content page to learn how to do it.
If you need more guides on the Toyota Aygo 2, go to our Toyota Aygo 2 category.