It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are always working is pretty important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out with time and therefore need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Toyota Avalon parking light, we’ve posted this article content to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Toyota Avalon?
We will commence this document with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Avalon, take note that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same approach to use. Indeed, even if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complex depending on the features of your car.
First approach, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Toyota Avalon. Although this process is the most basic, it is not assured that you will be in a position to do it on your automobile without encumbrance. Indeed, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb that way. Here are the two different solutions to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Toyota Avalon:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will simply go through the bonnet of your automobile to access your headlight unit. This is the most logical method but it is not always easy to accomplish, sometimes because of secondary parts that will block your access. To get this done, here are the basic steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Toyota Avalon. You may perhaps need to remove the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its location. To get this done, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Toyota Avalon if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will just have to stick to the same technique as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Avalon
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Toyota Avalon
Finally, if you wish to change the rear parking light bulb of your Toyota Avalon the technique is much simpler, here are the different simple steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Toyota Avalon, please browse our specific document to find out how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Avalon, take a look at the Toyota Avalon category.