Regardless of it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is pretty important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re almost certainly here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my seat altea parking light, we’ve written this content to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will look into swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my seat altea?
We will start this document with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your seat altea, be aware that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, whether or not the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic depending on the features of your car.
First technique, we will execute the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your seat altea. Although this technique is the most simple, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to perform it on your car without trouble. In reality, dependant on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb like this. Here are the two different solutions to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your seat altea:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational solution but it is not always easy to do to achieve, generally because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To perform this, here are the simple steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your seat altea. You may need to remove the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its position. To perform this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once finished, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your seat altea if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are completed you will just have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your seat altea
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your seat altea
To finish , if you desire to change the rear parking light bulb of your seat altea the process is much simpler, here are the different guidelines to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are functioning properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your seat altea, please go through our specific article content to discover how to do it.
To find more tips on the seat altea, take a look at the seat altea category.