Regardless of it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out over time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Renault Megane 3 parking light, we’ve written this content to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first part, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second section, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Renault Megane 3?
We will start this content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Renault Megane 3, remember that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same methodology to use. In reality, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Renault Megane 3. Although this approach is the most basic, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to do it on your automobile without encumbrance. In reality, dependant on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb that way. Here are the two different ways to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Renault Megane 3:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will only go through the bonnet of your automobile to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise process but it is not always easy to achieve, generally because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To do this, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Renault Megane 3. You may need to take out the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its location. To do this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Renault Megane 3 in cases where the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will simply have to stick to the same method as on the previous section to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Renault Megane 3
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Renault Megane 3
To finish , if you want to change the rear parking light bulb of your Renault Megane 3 the process is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Renault Megane 3, please go through our dedicated document to discover how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Renault Megane 3, take a look at the Renault Megane 3 category.