Regardless whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are always working is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out as time passes and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re probably in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Peugeot 806 parking light, we’ve written this article to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first part, we will take a look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Peugeot 806?
We will begin this article content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Peugeot 806, be aware that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same method to use. In fact, regardless if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic based on the features of your car.
First method, we will conduct the bulb change of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Peugeot 806. Although this technique is the most basic, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to perform it on your automobile without encumbrance. In fact, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two distinct techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Peugeot 806:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will only go through the bonnet of your automobile to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most rational solution but it is not always easy to realise, often because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To perform this, here are the simple steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Peugeot 806. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To perform this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last when the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Peugeot 806 if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will only have to follow the same technique as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Peugeot 806
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Peugeot 806
To conclude, if you wish to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Peugeot 806 the technique is more simple, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Peugeot 806, please go through our dedicated content page to learn how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 806, take a look at the Peugeot 806 category.