It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and consequently need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my Nissan Xterra parking light, we’ve posted this content to help you do this procedure without hiring somebody and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look into swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Nissan Xterra?
We will begin this content with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your Nissan Xterra, bear in mind that according to the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same methodology to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Nissan Xterra. Although this approach is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be able to accomplish it on your car without encumbrance. Indeed, based on the versions and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb that way. Here are the two distinct techniques to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Nissan Xterra:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will simply go through the bonnet of your car to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise process but it is not always easy to do to achieve, often because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To do this, here are the simple steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this step has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Nissan Xterra. You may perhaps need to take out the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its location. To do this, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Nissan Xterra in cases where the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will simply have to stick to the same technique as on the previous section to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Nissan Xterra
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Nissan Xterra
Finally, if you want to swap the rear parking light bulb of your Nissan Xterra the process is more simple, here are the different simple steps to stick to to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Nissan Xterra, please browse our specific content page to discover how to do it.
To get more tips on the Nissan Xterra, take a look at the Nissan Xterra category.