Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re most likely on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my Nissan Murano parking light, we’ve made this content to help you do this process without help and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will look into replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Nissan Murano?
We will start this article with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Nissan Murano, remember that according to the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, regardless if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated based on the features of your car.
First technique, we will perform the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Nissan Murano. Although this process is the most simple, it is not assured that you will be in a position to do it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. In reality, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb using this method. Here are the two different ways to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Nissan Murano:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most logical approach but it is not always easy to accomplish, often because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To get this done, here are the basic steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Nissan Murano. You may possibly need to remove the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its position. To get this done, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being vigilant not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Nissan Murano in cases where the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these steps are done you will simply have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Nissan Murano
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Nissan Murano
Finally, if you want to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Nissan Murano the approach is more simple, here are the different simple steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Nissan Murano, please go through our dedicated content to find out how to do it.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Nissan Murano, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Murano category.