It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are always operational is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mitsubishi Pajero 3 parking light, we’ve created this content to help you do this action by yourself and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Mitsubishi Pajero 3?
We will commence this article content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3, remember that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same method to use. Indeed, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complex based on the features of your car.
First method, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3. Although this process is the most basic, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to execute it on your vehicle without trouble. Indeed, depending on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb like this. Here are the two different ways to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will only go through the bonnet of your vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise solution but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To do this, here are the steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Mitsubishi Pajero 3. You may need to take off the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its area. To do this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 in cases where the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these steps are achieved you will only have to follow the same technique as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Mitsubishi Pajero 3
To finish , if you want to change the rear parking light bulb of your Mitsubishi Pajero 3 the approach is incredibly easier, here are the different basic steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mitsubishi Pajero 3, please go through our specific article content to discover how to do it.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mitsubishi Pajero 3, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Pajero 3 category.