Whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Mini Mini parking light, we’ve written this content to help you do this action by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Mini Mini?
We will begin this content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Mini Mini, remember that based on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same solution to use. In fact, whether or not the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging based on the features of your car.
First solution, we will accomplish the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mini Mini. Although this approach is the most basic, it is not assured that you will be in a position to accomplish it on your vehicle without encumbrance. In fact, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb like this. Here are the two different solutions to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Mini Mini:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise technique but it is not always easy to do to achieve, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To get this done, here are the steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Mini Mini. You might need to remove the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its position. To get this done, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Mini Mini in cases where the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are done you will just have to stick to the same method as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Mini Mini
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Mini Mini
To conclude, if you wish to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mini Mini the technique is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are working properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mini Mini, please browse our specific content page to find out how to do it.
If you have any further questions about the Mini Mini, do not hesitate to consult our Mini Mini category.