It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out with time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re most likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes C class parking light, we’ve made this article content to help you do this process without any help and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes C class?
We will start this article content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes C class, bear in mind that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same technique to use. Indeed, regardless if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult based on the features of your car.
First technique, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mercedes C class. Although this method is the easiest, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your car without encumbrance. Indeed, dependant on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes C class:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First methodology, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise approach but it is not always easy to do to achieve, often because of secondary parts that will block your access. To do this, here are the guidelines to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been completed, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes C class. You may possibly need to take off the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To do this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes C class if the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will simply have to follow the same technique as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes C class
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes C class
Finally, if you need to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes C class the process is much simpler, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes C class, please browse our dedicated document to find out how to do it.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes C class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes C class category.