Regardless of it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is pretty important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out after some time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes Benz Sprinter parking light, we’ve created this article content to help you do this procedure by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes Benz Sprinter?
We will start this content with swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, be aware that based on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same methodology to use. Indeed, regardless if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will execute the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. Although this method is the easiest, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to perform it on your automobile without encumbrance. Indeed, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb in this way. Here are the two distinct solutions to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First methodology, you will simply go through the bonnet of your automobile to access your headlight unit. This is the most logical approach but it is not always easy to do to accomplish, generally because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the simple steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. You may perhaps need to remove the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its area. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last when the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being vigilant not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter in the event that the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are completed you will simply have to follow the same method as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
To finish , if you wish to change the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter the methodology is more simple, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, please read our specific content page to discover how to do it.
To get more tips on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter, take a look at the Mercedes Benz Sprinter category.