Regardless of it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are always working is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out after some time and therefore need to be changed. You’re likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class parking light, we’ve written this article to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second art, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes Benz GLC Class?
We will commence this document with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, take notice that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same methodology to use. In fact, regardless if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. Although this technique is the easiest, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to execute it on your car without trouble. In fact, dependant on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb using this method. Here are the two distinct methods to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational technique but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To achieve this, here are the basic steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To achieve this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last when the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class if the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are completed you will simply have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class
Finally, if you desire to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes Benz GLC Class the process is much simpler, here are the different guidelines to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes Benz GLC Class, please go through our dedicated document to discover how to do it.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz GLC Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz GLC Class category.