It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re likely in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Mazda 5 parking light, we’ve posted this article to help you do this operation by yourself and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Mazda 5?
We will start this article with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Mazda 5, take note that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, even if the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult based on the features of your car.
First technique, we will execute the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mazda 5. Although this approach is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be in a position to do it on your vehicle without encumbrance. In reality, dependant on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two distinct techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Mazda 5:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will only go through the bonnet of your vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise method but it is not always easy to accomplish, generally because of secondary parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the basic steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Mazda 5. You may possibly need to remove the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its area. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Mazda 5 in the event that the access through the engine block seems too complicated. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these steps are completed you will just have to stick to the same technique as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Mazda 5
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Mazda 5
Finally, if you wish to change the rear parking light bulb of your Mazda 5 the methodology is more simple, here are the different actions to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mazda 5, please read our specific document to find out how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Mazda 5, take a look at the Mazda 5 category.