Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is important and vital. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re most likely on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mazda 2 parking light, we’ve posted this article content to help you do this action without hiring somebody and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will look at replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second step, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Mazda 2?
We will begin this article content with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Mazda 2, bear in mind that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same approach to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated depending on the features of your car.
First approach, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mazda 2. Although this process is the easiest, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to execute it on your vehicle without encumbrance. Indeed, based on the versions and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb using this method. Here are the two different techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Mazda 2:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will simply go through the bonnet of your vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational method but it is not always easy to do to realise, sometimes because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To accomplish this, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Mazda 2. You might need to take out the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its position. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being cautious not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Mazda 2 if the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will just have to stick to the same technique as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Mazda 2
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Mazda 2
To finish , if you desire to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mazda 2 the approach is much easier, here are the different basic steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mazda 2, please browse our dedicated article to learn how to do it.
If you want more tutorials on the Mazda 2, go to our Mazda 2 category.