It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is quite important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my Lancia Ypsilon parking light, we’ve written this article content to help you do this process without any help and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Lancia Ypsilon?
We will start this article content with swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your Lancia Ypsilon, remember that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same solution to use. In fact, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complex based on the features of your car.
First solution, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Lancia Ypsilon. Although this method is the easiest, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to execute it on your car without encumbrance. In fact, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb that way. Here are the two distinct methods to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Lancia Ypsilon:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will simply go through the bonnet of your car to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most rational solution but it is not always easy to do to accomplish, often because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To accomplish this, here are the simple steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Lancia Ypsilon. You may possibly need to take off the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being vigilant not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once carried out, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and perform a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Lancia Ypsilon in cases where the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will only have to follow the same methodology as on the previous section to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Lancia Ypsilon
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Lancia Ypsilon
Finally, if you want to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Lancia Ypsilon the methodology is more simple, here are the different simple steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Lancia Ypsilon, please go through our dedicated article content to discover how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Lancia Ypsilon, take a look at the Lancia Ypsilon category.