Regardless of it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is pretty important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re likely on this website because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Hyundai Veloster parking light, we’ve created this article content to help you do this action by yourself and not need to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Hyundai Veloster?
We will commence this content with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster, take notice that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same method to use. In reality, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated depending on the features of your car.
First method, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Hyundai Veloster. Although this process is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be in a position to perform it on your automobile without encumbrance. In reality, dependant on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb using this method. Here are the two different techniques to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Hyundai Veloster:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your automobile to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most logical technique but it is not always easy to accomplish, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To achieve this, here are the basic steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been completed, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Hyundai Veloster. You may need to take off the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To achieve this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally now that the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Hyundai Veloster in cases where the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are completed you will simply have to follow the same methodology as on the previous section to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Hyundai Veloster
Finally, if you need to change the rear parking light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster the approach is much simpler, here are the different guidelines to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Hyundai Veloster, please read our specific content page to learn how to do it.
If you want more guides on the Hyundai Veloster, go to our Hyundai Veloster category.