It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out as time passes and as a result need to be changed. You’re probably in this article because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Hyundai Ioniq parking light, we’ve made this content to help you do this operation without help and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second step, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Hyundai Ioniq?
We will start this content page with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq, remember that according to the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same approach to use. Indeed, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging depending on the features of your car.
First approach, we will execute the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Hyundai Ioniq. Although this technique is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be in a position to accomplish it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. Indeed, depending on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Hyundai Ioniq:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise process but it is not always easy to realise, often because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the guidelines to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq. You might need to take out the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its position. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once carried out, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Hyundai Ioniq if the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are done you will just have to stick to the same method as on the previous part to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq
To conclude, if you wish to swap the rear parking light bulb of your Hyundai Ioniq the process is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Hyundai Ioniq, please browse our specific article to learn how to do it.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Ioniq, take a look at the Hyundai Ioniq category.