Regardless of it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out as time passes and consequently need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my GMC Terrain parking light, we’ve made this article content to help you do this procedure without hiring somebody and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second art, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my GMC Terrain?
We will start this article content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your GMC Terrain, remember that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same methodology to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less difficult based on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will execute the bulb change of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your GMC Terrain. Although this approach is the easiest, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your vehicle without trouble. Indeed, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this manner. Here are the two distinct ways to change the bulb of the front parking light of your GMC Terrain:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will simply go through the bonnet of your vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational method but it is not always easy to do to realise, sometimes because of secondary parts that will block your access. To perform this, here are the simple steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your GMC Terrain. You may need to take out the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take out the bulb socket from its location. To perform this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once carried out, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your GMC Terrain in the event that the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take out the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take out the headlight in question. Once these actions are achieved you will just have to follow the same methodology as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your GMC Terrain
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your GMC Terrain
To conclude, if you desire to change the rear parking light bulb of your GMC Terrain the technique is easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your GMC Terrain, please go through our specific article to learn how to do it.
To get more tips on the GMC Terrain, take a look at the GMC Terrain category.