Regardless whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are always functional is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my BMW X3 parking light, we’ve made this article content to help you do this process by yourself and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my BMW X3?
We will begin this article with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your BMW X3, bear in mind that depending on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same approach to use. In fact, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic based on the features of your car.
First approach, we will accomplish the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your BMW X3. Although this technique is the most simple, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to perform it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. In fact, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb that way. Here are the two distinct ways to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your BMW X3:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First methodology, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most logical process but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To achieve this, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your BMW X3. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its position. To achieve this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your BMW X3 if the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these steps are completed you will only have to follow the same technique as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your BMW X3
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your BMW X3
To conclude, if you want to swap the rear parking light bulb of your BMW X3 the technique is incredibly easier, here are the different guidelines to follow to allow you to swap this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are operating correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your BMW X3, please read our specific content page to learn how to do it.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the BMW X3, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X3 category.