Whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly working is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of my Audi Q7 parking light, we’ve created this article content to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will take a look at replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Audi Q7?
We will start this article with replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your Audi Q7, remember that according to the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same approach to use. In reality, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less challenging based on the features of your car.
First approach, we will conduct the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Audi Q7. Although this method is the most simple, it is not guaranteed that you will be in a position to perform it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. In reality, depending on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb like this. Here are the two different methods to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Audi Q7:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most wise approach but it is not always easy to do to achieve, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Audi Q7. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In this instance, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its area. To accomplish this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being vigilant not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the assembly, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Audi Q7 if the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are done you will only have to stick to the same method as on the previous section to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Audi Q7
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Audi Q7
To conclude, if you wish to change the rear parking light bulb of your Audi Q7 the methodology is easier, here are the different actions to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are functioning correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Audi Q7, please read our specific article content to learn how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Audi Q7, take a look at the Audi Q7 category.