Regardless of it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are always working is necessary. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out with time and as a result need to be changed. You’re probably on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Acura RDX parking light, we’ve written this article to help you do this procedure without hiring somebody and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Acura RDX?
We will start this article content with swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your Acura RDX, be aware that based on the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same methodology to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic based on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will execute the bulb change of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Acura RDX. Although this technique is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your automobile without encumbrance. Indeed, depending on the options and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb like this. Here are the two different solutions to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Acura RDX:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will simply go through the bonnet of your automobile to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most wise approach but it is not always easy to do to accomplish, generally because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To perform this, here are the simple steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been done, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Acura RDX. You may perhaps need to remove the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its area. To perform this, pull gently on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally when the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once finished, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and perform a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Acura RDX if the access through the engine block seems too challenging. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these steps are done you will just have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Acura RDX
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Acura RDX
Finally, if you want to change the rear parking light bulb of your Acura RDX the approach is much simpler, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are working properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Acura RDX, please read our specific content page to discover how to do it.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Acura RDX, do not hesitate to consult our Acura RDX category.