Regardless it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are in every case effective is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and consequently need to be changed. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Toyota Prius’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this article to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Toyota Prius.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Toyota Prius through the outside
This method is the most simple of the two, in truth, for this one you will only need to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will take some time on in the second part of this content page to teach you the method.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Toyota Prius. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to carry out this routine service:
- With the engine off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Toyota Prius
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its place, in the event you are afraid of destroying something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to validate the successfulness of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Toyota Prius without outside access
Second part of our article, replace this license plate bulb on your Toyota Prius without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Toyota Prius
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be easier, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take away the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to put in too much force otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Toyota Prius
Finally last possibility, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Toyota Prius, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In this instance, here is the process to do this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Toyota Prius
- Locate the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Toyota Prius, check it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main tactics for changing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Toyota Prius. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Toyota Prius or the low beam bulbs on Toyota Prius, don’t hesitate to browse our articles which describe you the process to follow.
To discover more tips on the Toyota Prius, take a look at the Toyota Prius category.