Whether it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are all the time operational is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will predictably burn out over time and as a result need to be replaced. You’re most likely in this article because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Scion tC’s license plate bulb, we’ve written this article content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Scion tC.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Scion tC coming from the outside
This method is the most simple of the two, in reality, for this one you will simply need to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will dedicate some time on in the second section of this document to demonstrate the approach.
So let’s begin with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Scion tC. Whether it’s the front or the back of your car the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to stick to to perform this maintenance:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (in general on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Scion tC
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its placement, if you are worried of breaking something, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to validate the success of the procedure.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Scion tC without outside access
Second section of our item, change this license plate bulb on your Scion tC without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Scion tC
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be easier, you will have to position yourself under the car (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in general kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to apply too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Scion tC
Finally last solution, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Scion tC, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the tactic to do this task:
- Unplug the battery from your Scion tC
- Identify the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less complicated access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Scion tC, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main solutions for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, bear in mind that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Scion tC. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Scion tC or the low beam bulbs on Scion tC, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Scion tC, do not hesitate to consult our Scion tC category.