It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are always working is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after some time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change your Renault Scenic 4’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this content page to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Renault Scenic 4.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 through the outside
This solution is the simplest of the two, actually, for this one you will simply need to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend a moment on in the second section of this content to describe the way.
So let’s begin with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Renault Scenic 4. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your automobile the technique will be the same.
Here are a few simple actions to follow to conduct this service:
- With the engine off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch provided for this purpose (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Renault Scenic 4
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its location, in the event you are scared of breaking a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to validate the success of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 without outside access
Second section of our article, change this license plate bulb on your Renault Scenic 4 without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Renault Scenic 4
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be less complicated, you will have to position yourself under the automobile (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take extra care not to put in too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Renault Scenic 4
Finally last solution, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Renault Scenic 4, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your automobile. In this instance, here is the tactic to accomplish this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Renault Scenic 4
- Identify the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Renault Scenic 4, test it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main tactics for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, take note that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Renault Scenic 4. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Renault Scenic 4 or the low beam bulbs on Renault Scenic 4, don’t hesitate to read our articles which describe you the process to follow.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Renault Scenic 4, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Scenic 4 category.