Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are always effective is really important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out over time and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Peugeot e-208’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this article content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Peugeot e-208.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Peugeot e-208 through the outside
This tactic is the simplest of the two, in reality, for this one you will just have to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate a moment on in the second part of this article content to describe the way.
So let’s begin with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Peugeot e-208. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the method will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to stick to to conduct this service:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch specified for this goal (in most cases on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Peugeot e-208
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are scared of destroying a thing, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and verify the light to validate the successfulness of the process.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Peugeot e-208 without outside access
Second part of our document, replace this license plate bulb on your Peugeot e-208 without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Peugeot e-208
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to put yourself under the vehicle (ideally positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in most cases held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to apply too much force otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Peugeot e-208
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Peugeot e-208, but you cannot open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In such a case, here is the approach to do this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Peugeot e-208
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Peugeot e-208, verify it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main ways for changing license plate bulbs on your car, take note that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this content. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your mechanic it would be a shame to break a part of your Peugeot e-208. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Peugeot e-208 or the low beam bulbs on Peugeot e-208, don’t hesitate to browse our articles which explain you the operation to follow.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Peugeot e-208, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot e-208 category.