Whether it’s for your specific safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are in every case effective is really important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out after a while and therefore need to be replaced. You’re perhaps in this article because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your Peugeot 607’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Peugeot 607.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Peugeot 607 through the outside
This method is the most simple of the two, in fact, for this one you will simply require to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend some time on in the second part of this article to clarify the way.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Peugeot 607. Whether it’s the front or the back of your car the operation will be similar.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to conduct this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch assigned for this purpose (commonly on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Peugeot 607
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event that you are scared of damaging a thing, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the successfulness of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Peugeot 607 without outside access
Second part of our content, swap this license plate bulb on your Peugeot 607 without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Peugeot 607
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be easier, you will have to position yourself under the car (preferably put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, commonly held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Remove the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be attentive not to put in too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Peugeot 607
Finally last possibility, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Peugeot 607, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your car. In this case, here is the solution to operate this task:
- Unplug the battery from your Peugeot 607
- Locate the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Peugeot 607, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main methods for changing license plate bulbs on your car, take note that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the explanation of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your mechanic it would be a shame to break a part of your Peugeot 607. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Peugeot 607 or the low beam bulbs on Peugeot 607, don’t hesitate to consult our articles which describe you the operation to follow.
To discover more tips on the Peugeot 607, take a look at the Peugeot 607 category.