Regardless whether it’s for your own personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing units that will surely burn out after some time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Nissan Juke’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this article content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Nissan Juke.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Nissan Juke through the outside
This process is the easiest of the two, actually, for this one you will only require to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will dedicate a moment on in the second part of this content to show you the approach.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Nissan Juke. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your car the process will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to execute this service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (usually on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Nissan Juke
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its placement, in the event you are worried of damaging anything, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to validate the success of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Nissan Juke without outside access
Second part of our content, swap this license plate bulb on your Nissan Juke without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Nissan Juke
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the car (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, usually held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take extra care not to exert too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Nissan Juke
Finally last solution, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Nissan Juke, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the process to conduct this task:
- Unplug the battery from your Nissan Juke
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Nissan Juke, test it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main techniques for changing license plate bulbs on your car, bear in mind that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this article content. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Nissan Juke. If you wish to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Nissan Juke or the low beam bulbs on Nissan Juke, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles which explain you the operation to follow.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Nissan Juke, do not hesitate to consult our Nissan Juke category.