Whether it’s for your own personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time effective is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out after a while and consequently need to be swapped out. You’re probably here because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change your Mercury Grand Marquis’s license plate bulb, we’ve written this article to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will take a look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Mercury Grand Marquis.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Mercury Grand Marquis throughout the outside
This process is the most simple of the two, in fact, for this one you will simply require to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will take a moment on in the second section of this document to show you the way.
So let’s begin with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Mercury Grand Marquis. Whether it’s the front or the back of your car the process will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to conduct this service:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (almost always on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Mercury Grand Marquis
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event you are scared of damaging anything, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the achievement of the operation.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Mercury Grand Marquis without outside access
Second section of our item, swap this license plate bulb on your Mercury Grand Marquis without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Mercury Grand Marquis
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be less hard, you will have to put yourself under the car (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, almost always held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Remove the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to apply too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Mercury Grand Marquis
Finally last solution, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Mercury Grand Marquis, but you cannot open the cover from the outside of your car. In such a case, here is the technique to execute this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Mercury Grand Marquis
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Mercury Grand Marquis, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main solutions for changing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the explanation of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your mechanic it would be a shame to break a part of your Mercury Grand Marquis. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Mercury Grand Marquis or the low beam bulbs on Mercury Grand Marquis, don’t hesitate to read our articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Mercury Grand Marquis, do not hesitate to consult our Mercury Grand Marquis category.