It doesn’t matter if it’s for your specific safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are always functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out in the future and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re quite likely on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re worried about how to change your Mercedes Benz Sprinter’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter throughout the outside
This method is the easiest of the two, actually, for this one you will only have to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Unfortunately on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will take a moment on in the second section of this article to describe the way.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the technique will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to perform this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its location, in the event that you are scared of damaging something, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to validate the successfulness of the operation.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter without outside access
Second section of our document, swap this license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Mercedes Benz Sprinter
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (ideally positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to exert too much force or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Finally last solution, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In this case, here is the approach to operate this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Mercedes Benz Sprinter
- Find the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less complicated access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have found out the main ways for changing license plate bulbs on your car, bear in mind that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Mercedes Benz Sprinter. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Mercedes Benz Sprinter or the low beam bulbs on Mercedes Benz Sprinter, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles which explain you the process to follow.
If you want more tutorials on the Mercedes Benz Sprinter, go to our Mercedes Benz Sprinter category.