Regardless whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are always effective is fundamental. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out as time passes and as a result need to be changed. You’re likely here because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Kia Stronic’s license plate bulb, we’ve written this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Kia Stronic.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Kia Stronic through the outside
This method is the simplest of the two, in fact, for this one you will only need to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate some time on in the second part of this document to show you the approach.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Kia Stronic. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the procedure will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to execute this routine service:
- With the engine off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch specified for this goal (commonly on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Kia Stronic
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its place, in the event you are worried of destroying a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the achievement of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Kia Stronic without outside access
Second part of our article, swap this license plate bulb on your Kia Stronic without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Kia Stronic
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be less hard, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (ideally positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, commonly kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be cautious not to put in too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Kia Stronic
Finally last possibility, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Kia Stronic, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In this instance, here is the approach to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Kia Stronic
- Locate the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever carefully on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Kia Stronic, check it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main methods for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, take note that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Kia Stronic. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Kia Stronic or the low beam bulbs on Kia Stronic, don’t hesitate to read our content articles which explain you the process to follow.
To discover more tips on the Kia Stronic, take a look at the Kia Stronic category.