Regardless it’s for your specific security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time operational is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will surely burn out after awhile and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your GMC Yukon XL’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your GMC Yukon XL.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your GMC Yukon XL throughout the outside
This technique is the easiest of the two, in reality, for this one you will simply need to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will dedicate a moment on in the second part of this document to demonstrate the method.
So let’s begin with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your GMC Yukon XL. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the method will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to stick to to perform this service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (almost always on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your GMC Yukon XL
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are afraid of breaking something, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last stage, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the successfulness of the operation.
How to change the number plate bulb on your GMC Yukon XL without outside access
Second part of our content, swap this license plate bulb on your GMC Yukon XL without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my GMC Yukon XL
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be less difficult, you will have to put yourself under the motor vehicle (ideally placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, almost always held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Remove the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to apply too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my GMC Yukon XL
Finally last option, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your GMC Yukon XL, but you simply cannot open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In such a case, here is the process to perform this operation:
- Disconnect the battery from your GMC Yukon XL
- Locate the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever gently on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your GMC Yukon XL, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main ways for changing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the explanation of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your GMC Yukon XL. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your GMC Yukon XL or the low beam bulbs on GMC Yukon XL, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles which describe you the operation to follow.
Whenever you have any further questions about the GMC Yukon XL, do not hesitate to consult our GMC Yukon XL category.