Regardless whether it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are constantly functional is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out in the future and as a consequence need to be swapped out. You’re most likely on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your Ford Focus C-max’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your technician. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Ford Focus C-max.
How to change the license plate bulb on your Ford Focus C-max coming from the outside
This approach is the fastest of the two, in truth, for this one you will just require to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend a moment on in the second part of this content to clarify the way.
So let’s begin with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Ford Focus C-max. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your automobile the method will be similar.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to carry out this service:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch assigned for this intent (in most cases on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Ford Focus C-max
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are afraid of breaking something, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to validate the success of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Ford Focus C-max without outside access
Second part of our article, change this license plate bulb on your Ford Focus C-max without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to change the front license plate bulb on my Ford Focus C-max
To change the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the automobile (ideally placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, in most cases held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be attentive not to exert too much force or you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to change the rear license plate bulb on my Ford Focus C-max
Finally last solution, you must change the bulb on the backplate of your Ford Focus C-max, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your automobile. In this case, here is the tactic to accomplish this operation:
- Disconnect the battery from your Ford Focus C-max
- Find the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever carefully on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Ford Focus C-max, test it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main approaches for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the outline of this document. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your workshop it would be a shame to break a part of your Ford Focus C-max. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Ford Focus C-max or the low beam bulbs on Ford Focus C-max, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles which demonstrate you the process to follow.
To find more tips on the Ford Focus C-max, take a look at the Ford Focus C-max category.