It doesn’t matter if it’s for your specific security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly effective is extremely important. In reality, bulbs are wearing units that will predictably burn out after awhile and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely here because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re struggling with how to change your Fiat 500 X’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it without any help and not have to go to your technician. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Fiat 500 X.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Fiat 500 X throughout the outside
This approach is the fastest of the two, actually, for this one you will simply require to take away the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will spend some time on in the second part of this content page to teach you the approach.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Fiat 500 X. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the procedure will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to stick to to carry out this maintenance tasks:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch assigned for this purpose (usually on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Fiat 500 X
- Use your screwdriver or knife to remove the bulb from its spot, in the event you are worried of breaking a thing, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to confirm the achievement of the process.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Fiat 500 X without outside access
Second part of our content page, replace this license plate bulb on your Fiat 500 X without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Fiat 500 X
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be less complicated, you will have to put yourself under the vehicle (preferably placed on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, usually held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then right after you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that operates as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to exert too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will just have to take away the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Fiat 500 X
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Fiat 500 X, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In such a case, here is the solution to do this operation:
- Disconnect the battery from your Fiat 500 X
- Find the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever carefully on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Fiat 500 X, test it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main methods for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to realize it following the outline of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Fiat 500 X. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Fiat 500 X or the low beam bulbs on Fiat 500 X, don’t hesitate to read our content articles which demonstrate you the operation to follow.
If you need more guides on the Fiat 500 X, go to our Fiat 500 X category.