It doesn’t matter if it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time functional is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing units that will undoubtedly burn out with time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on the website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change your Dodge Challenger’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this content to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Dodge Challenger.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Dodge Challenger throughout the outside
This approach is the fastest of the two, in truth, for this one you will just require to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Unfortunately on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend a moment on in the second part of this document to teach you the approach.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Dodge Challenger. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the process will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to follow to carry out this maintenance tasks:
- With the engine off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch specified for this goal (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Dodge Challenger
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event you are afraid of damaging a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and verify the light to confirm the successfulness of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Dodge Challenger without outside access
Second part of our item, change this license plate bulb on your Dodge Challenger without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Dodge Challenger
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be simpler, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take off the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take extra care not to put in too much force otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Dodge Challenger
Finally last option, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Dodge Challenger, but you cannot open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In such a case, here is the process to conduct this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Dodge Challenger
- Find the location of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less complicated access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Dodge Challenger, verify it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main tactics for changing license plate bulbs on your car, take notice that on some models the method may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the explanation of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Dodge Challenger. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Dodge Challenger or the low beam bulbs on Dodge Challenger, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles which demonstrate you the procedure to follow.
To find more tips on the Dodge Challenger, take a look at the Dodge Challenger category.