Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are constantly effective is really important. In reality, bulbs are wearing units that will surely burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be replaced. You’re most certainly on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change your Dacia Duster’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to change the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to change the rear license plate bulb of your Dacia Duster.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Dacia Duster coming from the outside
This method is the most simple of the two, in truth, for this one you will just require to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Unfortunately on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will take some time on in the second section of this content page to teach you the method.
So let’s start with replacing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Dacia Duster. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your motor vehicle the procedure will be identical.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to execute this service:
- With the engine turned off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Position yourself in front of your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch assigned for this purpose (commonly on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Dacia Duster
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are afraid of destroying anything, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and test the light to validate the successfulness of the task.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Dacia Duster without outside access
Second section of our item, replace this license plate bulb on your Dacia Duster without external access. Most often you will be able to access it, but some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Dacia Duster
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be much easier, you will have to position yourself under the motor vehicle (ideally put on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, commonly held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take out the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to apply too much pressure otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then check and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Dacia Duster
Finally last solution, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Dacia Duster, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your motor vehicle. In this instance, here is the technique to do this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Dacia Duster
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once established, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for much easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Dacia Duster, test it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main techniques for replacing license plate bulbs on your car, bear in mind that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the explanation of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t hesitate to go to your garage it would be a shame to break a part of your Dacia Duster. If you desire to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Dacia Duster or the low beam bulbs on Dacia Duster, don’t hesitate to browse our articles which describe you the procedure to follow.
To find more tips on the Dacia Duster, take a look at the Dacia Duster category.