Regardless it’s for your own personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your headlamp bulbs are in every case operational is very important. In reality, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will undoubtedly burn out in the future and as a result need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this website because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change your Citroen Cactus’s license plate bulb, we’ve created this document to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Citroen Cactus.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Citroen Cactus coming from the outside
This solution is the least difficult of the two, actually, for this one you will only have to take out the protective covers of the bulbs. Sadly on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will spend a moment on in the second section of this article to describe the method.
So let’s start with changing the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Citroen Cactus. Regardless it’s the front or the back of your automobile the operation will be similar.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to execute this service:
- With the engine off, unplug the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch assigned for this goal (usually on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Citroen Cactus
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its spot, in the event that you are afraid of breaking anything, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and verify the light to validate the achievement of the task.
How to replace the number plate bulb on your Citroen Cactus without outside access
Second section of our content, change this license plate bulb on your Citroen Cactus without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, however some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Citroen Cactus
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be less complicated, you will have to put yourself under the automobile (ideally positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, usually held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at once, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Take away the plastic that works as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (take care not to apply too much force otherwise you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to take out the burnt-out license plate bulb and swap it with the new , then verify and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Citroen Cactus
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Citroen Cactus, but you are not able to open the cover from the outside of your automobile. In this case, here is the process to execute this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Citroen Cactus
- Identify the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, unplug the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Citroen Cactus, verify it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main ways for changing license plate bulbs on your car, be aware that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to accomplish it following the outline of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your mechanic it would be a shame to break a part of your Citroen Cactus. If you need to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Citroen Cactus or the low beam bulbs on Citroen Cactus, don’t be reluctant to browse our content articles which demonstrate you the process to follow.
If you have any additional questions about the Citroen Cactus, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Cactus category.