It doesn’t matter if it’s for your own personal safety, for roadworthiness tests or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are all the time operational is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out with time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re quite likely on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re wanting to know how to change your Citroen C4 Spacetourer’s license plate bulb, we’ve written and published this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your auto mechanic. Firstly, we will look at changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Citroen C4 Spacetourer.
How to swap the license plate bulb on your Citroen C4 Spacetourer throughout the outside
This option is the least difficult of the two, actually, for this one you will just have to take off the protective covers of the bulbs. Unfortunately on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the situation we will take a moment on in the second section of this document to show you the way.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Citroen C4 Spacetourer. It doesn’t matter if it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the process will be the same.
Here are a few simple steps to follow to execute this service:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to place the flat part into the notch provided for this intent (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Citroen C4 Spacetourer
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its place, in the event you are worried of destroying a thing, you can as well do it with your fingers.
- Finally, position the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to confirm the success of the procedure.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Citroen C4 Spacetourer without outside access
Second section of our document, swap this license plate bulb on your Citroen C4 Spacetourer without external access. Generally you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to swap the front license plate bulb on my Citroen C4 Spacetourer
To swap the one on the front plate, nothing could be easier, you will have to position yourself under the vehicle (preferably positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally kept by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both at the same time, then once you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Remove the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be cautious not to exert too much force or you will break the plastic cover), and you will simply have to take off the burnt-out license plate bulb and replace it with the new , then test and reassemble the whole thing.
How to swap the rear license plate bulb on my Citroen C4 Spacetourer
Finally last solution, you must swap the bulb on the backplate of your Citroen C4 Spacetourer, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In such a case, here is the solution to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Citroen C4 Spacetourer
- Locate the spot of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, kept by clips, you will have to lever delicately on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once located, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for less difficult access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Replace the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Citroen C4 Spacetourer, check it and reassemble it, paying attention to the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have learned the main methods for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, remember that on some models the technique may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the explanation of this content page. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Citroen C4 Spacetourer. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Citroen C4 Spacetourer or the low beam bulbs on Citroen C4 Spacetourer, don’t be reluctant to consult our content articles which explain you the operation to follow.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Citroen C4 Spacetourer, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C4 Spacetourer category.