Regardless whether it’s for your own personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is really important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out as time passes and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re likely on this site because one of your parking lights is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change your Citroen Berlingo 2’s license plate bulb, we’ve made this article to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your motor mechanic. Firstly, we will examine changing the license plate bulb from the outside, secondly, how to replace the license plate bulb without outside access, and thirdly, how to replace the rear license plate bulb of your Citroen Berlingo 2.
How to replace the license plate bulb on your Citroen Berlingo 2 through the outside
This tactic is the quickest of the two, in fact, for this one you will only need to remove the protective covers of the bulbs. Regrettably on some years or packages of car these covers do not open from the outside and if this is the case we will take some time on in the second section of this article content to demonstrate the method.
So let’s start with swapping the number plate bulb by going through the outside of your Citroen Berlingo 2. Regardless whether it’s the front or the back of your vehicle the operation will be identical.
Here are a few simple guidelines to stick to to conduct this maintenance:
- With the engine turned off, disconnect the battery terminals from your car
- Face your license plate and use a flat screwdriver or knife to insert the flat part into the notch supplied for this intent (generally on the transparent cover) and lever on the plastic window to open the license plate bulb slot of your Citroen Berlingo 2
- Use your screwdriver or knife to eject the bulb from its placement, in the event that you are afraid of destroying a thing, you can also do it with your fingers.
- Finally, put the new license plate light bulb
- Last step, before reassembling, reconnect your battery and check the light to validate the success of the process.
How to change the number plate bulb on your Citroen Berlingo 2 without outside access
Second section of our article, replace this license plate bulb on your Citroen Berlingo 2 without external access. In most cases you will be able to access it, nevertheless some series (often at the rear does not allow this access).
How to replace the front license plate bulb on my Citroen Berlingo 2
To replace the one on the front plate, nothing could be less hard, you will have to put yourself under the vehicle (preferably positioned on candles to give you some space), and, going through the rear of the bumper, you will have to unclip the license plate bulb block, generally held by two soft plastic tabs by pressing on both simultaneously, then now that you have your license plate bulb block in hand, Remove the plastic that acts as a seal, then with a thin screwdriver, on one side you will find a small notch, use a lever to open the plastic cover (be mindful not to apply too much pressure or you will break the plastic cover), and you will only have to remove the burnt-out license plate bulb and change it with the new , then test out and reassemble the whole thing.
How to replace the rear license plate bulb on my Citroen Berlingo 2
Finally last possibility, you must replace the bulb on the backplate of your Citroen Berlingo 2, but you cannot really open the cover from the outside of your vehicle. In this instance, here is the process to perform this operation:
- Unplug the battery from your Citroen Berlingo 2
- Find the position of your light bulbs from the outside.
- From the inside of the trunk, you have to remove the lining of the trunk, held by clips, you will have to lever softly on all the frame of the trunk to remove it.
- Once found, before removing the bulb holders, disconnect the holders for easier access.
- Using a screwdriver, lever the two plastic parts to remove the bulb holder
- Change the burnt-out license plate bulb on your Citroen Berlingo 2, check it and reassemble it, watching the clips on the trunk liner
There you have it, you have discovered the main methods for swapping license plate bulbs on your car, take notice that on some models the methodology may be a bit different but you should be able to do it following the outline of this article. If you can’t do it, don’t be reluctant to go to your garage area it would be a shame to break a part of your Citroen Berlingo 2. If you want to change other bulbs like the position light bulbs on your Citroen Berlingo 2 or the low beam bulbs on Citroen Berlingo 2, don’t be reluctant to consult our articles which describe you the operation to follow.
To find more tips on the Citroen Berlingo 2, take a look at the Citroen Berlingo 2 category.